1. Great hair mask and conditionerDid you know yogurt can be used as a hair conditioner? While yogurt is good for your skin, it’s also great for your scalp and hair. Yogurt helps to bring out your hair’s natural shine and make it soft and silky. You can use yogurt as a hair mask or in place of your conditioner. Take a plain, natural yogurt and spread it all over your hair. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. It will help soothe an inflamed scalp, reduce hair loss and can even help banish split ends.
2. Natural scrubYogurt is one of the best natural scrubs for your hands, feet and the whole body! Mix yogurt with oats or dried citrus peel, if you have, massage into your skin in a gentle, yet firm circular motion and rinse off with lukewarm or cold water. This natural scrub will leave your skin feeling smooth and hydrated, and you can even use it after shaving.
3. Teeth whiteningIf you are looking for a natural home remedy for whitening teeth, opt for yogurt. Teeth whitening treatments are rather expensive, so why spend your money on them if you can whiten your teeth at home? Rub some yogurt onto your teeth daily and within a couple of weeks, your teeth will be sparkly white. This is due to the phosphorous and calcium found in yogurt.
4. Relieve sunburnYogurt contains zinc, which helps soothe the burning and itchiness of the sunburn. Apply a thick layer of plain, cool yogurt directly to your burn and rinse it off with cold water after 20 minutes. You can also mix your favorite essential oil into yogurt before applying it on your sunburn. This will help to soothe the inflamed skin.
5. Safe finger paintIf your children like to finger paint, consider making edible finger paint using plain yogurt and food coloring. Simply add a few drops of food coloring to the yogurt and get painting. Now you don’t have to worry about your kid accidentally eating paint.
6. Awesome facialThere are many ways to use natural yogurt on the skin. It’s a great moisturizer, it can help brighten the skin, get rid of dark circles under the eyes and it can even reduce the effects of aging. Moreover, yogurt helps fight pimples and acne. Mix yogurt, oats and honey to make a face mask or simply massage natural yogurt into your face and wash it off after 10 minutes.
7. Moss makerIf you have a sculpture, a wall or anything in your garden that looks a bit shabby, why not grow moss on it? Paint it all over with yogurt, but ensure that the thing you are going to make mossy is in a shaded place. This is one of the most unconventional uses for yogurt to try.
Now that you know these unconventional uses for yogurt, are you going to try any of them? Yogurt is healthy and versatile, and it’s amazing beauty product too. Just make sure you use plain, natural yogurt. Do you know any other uses for yogurt?