G

Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

10 Very Amusing Facts About Farts ("MESS") No One Could Make Up

Fart, also called flatulence (commonly called "mess" in Nigeria), is the gas expelled through the anus. People view flatulence as disgusting, but it plays an important role in removing the bloating inside the stomach. Although disgusting, here are some interesting facts about farts you need to know.


10 99% of a fart is comprised of odorless gas while the remaining 1% is made up of sulfur gases such as methanethiol and dimethyl sulfide. The presence of these sulfuric compounds gives farts their unpleasant pungent aromas. 




 
9 An average healthy person passes half a liter of gas each day. This is equivalent to passing gas 14 times a day.

8 Foods that cause flatulence are actually good for you. These foods include Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, beans, cabbages, and bran. On the other hand, fructose – a type of sugar from fruits – as well as dairy products can also cause a lot of flatulence. Although these foods can make you fart more frequently, the smell is not so pungent.

7 Foods that cause smelly farts include eggs and meats because they are rich in sulfur compounds.

6 An average individual can release farts at speeds of 10 feet per second.

5 Many people believe that men fart more than women. However, research found out that women fart three times more than men.

4 Flatulence is comprised of methane and hydrogen making it flammable.

3 If you pass gas too frequently, you can fix this problem by eating smaller meals. You can also stay calm and exercise to improve the digestive function of your body.

2 Fart sounds different on different people. These differences vary due to a lot of factors but the main culprit is the amount of gas that you expel as well as the tightness of the sphincter muscles of your anus.

1 You can hold in farts for as long as you can and this does not cause any dangers to your health. However, if you do this often, it may cause cramps as well as pain in the muscles of your anus so if there is a need for you to release it, then release it.







Credits: Reagan M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email